Friday, October 5, 2007

TRAGIC

There was a tragic accident yesterday in a town over from me. Three high school kids died in a car accident. Two were brother and sister, a senior and a freshman in high school, the other was a friend. How Horrific!! I can't even imagine the pain that family is going through. To lose two of your children in one day. The absolute pain that family must feel. Not to mention, in August, four teenagers died in my town one night because one of the girls didn't want to be late for her curfew so they were speeding.

And all I could think of is my kids and how Zak, my 16 year old in two weeks, is going to be driving and how easily this could happen. Now granted, new laws have made things a little better, like having to have a permit for 6 months first and then you are allowed to get your license. And then once you get it, you are only allowed to have a parent or someone 21 or older in the car with you for the first 6 months, but still!! Next year, Zak and Haley will be the same age as these kids that died. Zak will be a senior and I am sure at some point going to have Haley, who will be a freshman in the car with him. You know, it's true what I've heard, little kids, little problems, big kids, big problems.

You have to let them grow up, as much as I don't want them too, it still happens. But how do you ensure that these kinds of accidents don't happen to them? Keep them in a bubble? Yes, that sounds good but I guess sometimes you have to pop that bubble. How do you know when that time is?

No comments: